Here I post articles from my Star Trek Fanzine: Sehlat's Roar. I hope to place all of the work online for fan's enjoyment. This Fanzine was first published in the late 1970's by a band of most unlikely friends located in Flat Rock, in the southeastern quadrant of Michigan. The material is clearly born of the time, and some of it is quite dated; yet, for those who enjoy this sort of thing, I trust, at the least, interesting.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

SR #1 (62-63)

“T'was The Night Before.....”

T'was the night before inspection
And all through the ship
Not a sensor was registering,
Not even a blip.

The corridors and galleries
Were immaculate and bare
In anticipation, for Commodore
Ranier would soon be there.

The ensigns were nestled
All snug in their beds
With visions of promotions
Dancing in their heads.

Spock at his station
And I in my chair
Had just settled back,
On our way to Altair.

Then what to our wondrous
View screen should appear?
But eight other captains
And Commodore Ranier.

Said he is a voice
Both grupling and rup
“We're ready, Kirk.
Now beam us up!”

They buzzed and phizzled
And they shimmered as they came,
And Commodore Ranier
Called them by name.

“Here's Bradley, here's Wesley,
Here's Denley and Olson.
Come, Hoffman, come, Miller
Come, Stanley, and Coleson.”

Down through the corridors
Like Blitzkrieg they went.
Inspecting, white-gloving,
The hours they spent!

Deck one, deck two, three,
Four, five, six, and seven;
Decks eight and nine,
And ten and eleven.

Down through the ship
They busted,
Making sure that every
Thing had been dusted.

“Well, Captain Kirk
I must confess
I had expected to find
A bit of a mess.

“But instead I found clean,
Not a speck of dust,
And that's good enough for me.”
“That's good enough for us!”

And then he exclaimed,
As he beamed out of sight,
“A clean ship's a happy ship,
I always say.”

By Mr. RWA

It is my intention to post articles by issue from last to first, this silly poem was published in the first issue on pages 62 & 63. No illustration accompanied it. Authors are kept anonymous, but should you wish to inquire, post a comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home